Monday, June 1, 2015

What I Planted


Here are the first pictures of my balcony garden!

Most of my plants were starter plants that I bought at a local garden center. I wasn't able to start most things from seeds this year, but hopefully I will be able to slowly transition into starting everything from seeds over the next few years. I only started the lettuce and scallions from seeds this year.

The first two pictures are labled with the type of plant.

The four containers in the third picture are potatoes. Two containers are white potatoes and two are a red, white, and purple mix.


 I planted everything about a month ago and it is all coming along well. I had a little bit of an issue with aphids, but I was able to buy an insect killing soap that took care of that problem quickly. (http://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-Insect-Killing-Soap/dp/B000BQL8UY)

No comments:

Post a Comment